Monday, September 25, 2006

Blogging, Rules & Beans


Blogging… Wow, if you would have told me even 2 weeks ago that I was considering writing ANYTHING this insignificant, I would have called you a moron!

But, here I am… writing a meaningless written confabulation about what? Who knows. Isn’t that what Blogging is all about? Probably. Although my sister, as well as, my brother and sister-in-law would disagree.

For starters, let me set some ground rules for my blog… For those who know me, you know… I am all about the rules. Rule 1 – I will most likely use the word “basically” way too much, deal with it. Rule 2 – I will most likely use the ellipse (“..”) way too much, deal with it. Rule 3 – I will most likely use the words “most likely” and “way too much” way too much, deal with it. Rule 4 – I will have fun with the blog. Rule 5 – Basically, see Rule 1.

I am blogging, not because I have anything significant to say, but instead because I am looking to basically practice my writing skills (or lack thereof). I am blogging because my sister thinks she can talk about me in her blogs without my permission… I am looking for paybacks. I am blogging because… well, I have no idea why.

So, I am going to start my first few entries by sharing some thoughts from “the brothers.” Several months ago, we began a email trade of sorts. It almost became spam, but we stopped just short. It all started when my sister (an honorary member of “the brothers”) emailed us, bringing our attention to the following:

“I know we are all concerned about our health and energy levels. Fortunately those issues have now been address through the nutritionally sound company - Jelly Belly. Check this out: http://www.sportbeans.com/. Now, I know you will all want to begin to order these, but hold on--as a friend of my so well put it: ‘Since you can now get your energy from a Jelly Bean, I'm waiting for the Beer jelly bean to come out before I order. Just pop a couple with Pizza and you can bypass the bottle returns, refrigeration...pull one out of your pocket when you're having a bad day at work and nobody knows the difference until you start slurring your speech and falling out of your chair in those tough meetings.’”

The problem(s) with this email was that none of us are too horribly concerned with health, energy, or jelly beans for that matter. So, in our usual sarcastic ways, we began to respond… and respond we did:

“to late to order the whisky beans for today?”

“I am keeping my eye on you. It seems the likelihood for jelly bean abuse would be high. Then you would have to check into a 12-step program and how would that sound "Hello, my name is Marc and I am a jelly bean-a-holic. I had my last bean yesterday after the staff meeting?????"--no just doesn't work.”

More worthless words later…

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home