Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Tech Support, Nothing, and Yorkshire Terriers...


I really don’t have anything to write about today… ok, well, that is true for all of my posts. So, is anybody out there in love with his or her technical support? Seriously? If you are reading this blog, then I can’t imagine that you have never had to deal with a technical support “team.”

If you haven’t, try to get a wireless (802.11g) printer working, have your MacBook access the wireless Internet at home, get your old wireless router working (or just wait for another hand-me-down). And when all of that fails, then I challenge you try and cancel your VOIP service. It’s a weird world where the adage of garbage-in/garbage-out very well may not apply. You spend days trying, then you have your brother, sister, uncle, great aunt (twice removed), dad, friend and area Internet hack try and fix it… but to no avail! Then… Then you are given the ability; nay, I say the privilege to place a call to tech-support. After 45 minutes of talking with our friends in India, telling them that we want to cancel service, then you spend talking another 45 minutes with someone who is telling you that the credit card that is being billed is not the one on the account.

Come on now, you know you have been there. If not, then I am not worthy to write this worthless blog for you… read something more meaningfull (see the stuff to the right).

A Jewish friend of my sister’s was at her vet recently and noticed a sign on the bulletin board: “Yorkshire Terrier: Free to Good Christian Home.” I would comment further, but I believe there is nothing more to say!

Why do I bring up that story? What is the point of that story? I don’t know… but it’s funny. I guess we could use it as a moral to the tech-support story… instead of calling tech-support, maybe we should just post on the bulletin board: “VOIP Router, fails regularly, drops connections, won’t cancel – Free to Good Christian Home!”

Maybe not.

More worthless words later…

2 Comments:

At 7:52 PM, Blogger Evan and Julia Abla said...

Remember Colossians 1.

 
At 12:17 AM, Blogger Marsha said...

OK--I read Colossians 1---and ---well--I don't get the connection--please don't tell me you are comparing Marc to Paul's servanthood!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home