Monday, November 20, 2006

Garland, Curtains, and Trees Way too Friggin' Big...

So, I was speaking with a friend of mine recently about Christmas and Christmas decorations. We were discussing the beauty of Christmas garland, the smell of pine, decorating with lights, wrapping presents and… ok, now I am back to reality.

But, my friend was telling me of his parents new tradition they started this year. While some people drive far out into the forest, walk for miles and miles, find that perfect tree that EVERYONE knows is way too friggin’ big for their house… but it is their perfect tree. They chop it down as a family and haul it back to the house, cut the rope and break windows with the branches. Ok, not many people do that, but the Griswold family did!!

I digress… While some people have their Christmas tree traditions, not my friends mom and dad! No, not them. They found a curtain (yes, a curtain) that has a tree outline on it. Not just any tree outline, a Christmas tree outline. Not just any Christmas tree outline… a Christmas tree outline with holes for lights. So while many go to Christmas tree farms, my friends parents went to the hardware store to buy their Christmas tree curtain rod. Hung their Christmas curtain. Stuck their Christmas lights in their Christmas Curtain which was hanging on their Christmas rod…

Huh… maybe that is where the saying came from: “Spare the rod, spoil the child.”

More worthless words later…

4 Comments:

At 7:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmmmm---sounds to me like folks I know from Arkansas, but I could be wrong---wait a minute--no I couldn't possibly be!!
Marsha

 
At 12:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds good to me but my wife would not stand for it.I would have one full under the stairs storage and closet empty. Sounds better to me. I could store it in about 4 minutes. That sounds best to me....now where did they get this blasfeeemest thing? Don't tell me it was Santas R US.

 
At 10:20 PM, Blogger Evan and Julia Abla said...

That would never work for my wife either. Noooooo, she has to put up a friggin' forest!

 
At 11:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love Christmas garlands - they're great for stair cases and mantels.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home