Monday, November 13, 2006

Lite Typing, Contributions, and Undressed Patients...


“Save the [resumes]. Save the world.” I must admit that I have made some mistakes on my resume. Who am I kidding??? I don’t make mistakes! Here is the last installment of this abysmal resume series. But hey, if I have to suffer through this, I am dragging as many with me as possible.

  • Write a resume longer than one paragraph. Yes, it does take more than one paragraph 10 lines, 1 paragraph, 3 ¾ inches wide to list your education, work experience, and skills. Plus, it just looks plain silly.
  • “Lite typing” – Ever thought of using spel chek?
  • Empty bullet point… what is missing? No really, what is missing? That has kept me up for weeks!
  • “To obtain a full-time position in a company where I am able to utilize my skills, with the opportunity for” – for what???? Again, I need to know. It’s killin’ me!
  • Computer Skills – Internet… yeah, right!! Let’s be honest – my 9 year old son has that skill!
  • “I am strive for continued excellence” – Wow, self evident!
  • “To obtain a challenging position with a reputable company with which I can expand my knowledge and contribute my experience.” Contribute your experience??? Is that tax deductible?
  • There are some things that just should not be included on any resume. Saying that you “undressed patients” – come on! It doesn’t matter what job you had! And ending your resume, the last sentence that will leave a lasting impression with a prospective employer, with “after raising my children, I returned to nursing” will definitely leave the wrong impression!!!

Less resumes, but yet more worthless words later…

7 Comments:

At 6:58 PM, Blogger Marsha said...

Can I just say on the last one----eeewweeee! My thought is this--do you really need to fill this position that badly?
Marsha

 
At 11:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Come on now. I am 67. I have had 47 years with the same orgination. I'm out because my mental computer has a virus called "forgtflness". See there I can't even spell the illness. And lastly, I am so old that most businesses will not hire me because I cannot find that "key" you have pictured on my piano". My wife told me, "stupid: that key is on an electric typewriter."

I have no chance with my resumay.

 
At 4:30 PM, Blogger Marc said...

Did he just say "orgi-nation"? Ever wonder what a 67 year old man has on his mind? Wonder no more!

 
At 8:42 PM, Blogger Marsha said...

Once more I must add----eeewwweee!! There is just some information you DO NOT NEED TO KNOW about your parents--because, let's face it, I was immaculately conceived--how about you?
M

 
At 10:02 AM, Blogger Evan and Julia Abla said...

Please, you know what I always say. "On the kitchen floor, slick with EVOO!"

 
At 8:18 PM, Blogger Marsha said...

YUCK!!!!!!I don't know about the two of you heathens, but I am from pure and holy stock!!!
Marsha

 
At 7:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

EVOO, hum.... I never really thought about using that before. Maybe we could call it an anointing!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home